Sunday, September 22, 2013

MY VERSION OF THE GUN CONTROL DEBATE

There is much talk of "the gun control debate." There should be no debate. Here's my version of the conversation, which, you will notice, is not a debate.

Liberal: "I want to take away your gun."

Me: "Well, you can't have it. I've done nothing..."

Liberal (escalating volume): "But if nobody had..."

Me (very quietly, glaring into his eyes): "Shut up. Shut up. There is no discussison here. It's mine. I've never done anything wrong with it or hurt anyone with it...."

Liberal (louder and more shrill): "It's your fault thousands of children are dying eve..."

Me (Really, REALLY lound, and really close): "I told you to shut the f*** up, you soulless sonofab****! It's mine. I've done nothing wrong with it, and you can't have it. Now shut up and get out of my face or fill your hand!"

Liberal (really shrill and whining): "But I have a right to..."

Me (quiet again, growling, even closer): "You have a right to think whatever you want, but you don't have a right to take my gun. Now shut up and get out of my face or fill your hand. Do you hear me? Shut up or fill your hand. There is no debate. There's peace or there's a gunfight, then there's peace. I don't give a damn about converting you. You are too stupid be allowed off leash, anyway."

That's about how it should go. Would we have a slavery debate? Well, yes, come to think of it, with the junta's refusal to enforce the border, I guess we are having a slavery debate.

Would we have a 1st amendment deb... Well, yeah, I guess we're having one of those, too. How about a 5th amendment debate.... Hmmm. Ditto and ditto.

Come to think of it, all of our rights are up for debate and restriction. About the only ones that aren't are the rights of international trespassers to our money, our schools, our emergency medicine... and... I guess the rights of Muslims to beat their daughters and wives to death whenever they choose.

And that, right there, brothers and sisters, friends and neighbors, is why the 2nd amendment is up for debate and restriction
 
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Rebsarge

No comments:

Post a Comment